Thursday 14 July 2011

Baby faces




Yet another layout to share with you all, this page I created at a creative memories workshop I attend once a month its run by Sheena Pearson who is a creative memories consultant and you pay $12.50 for an all day workshop you have access to all of Sheena's tools and can purchase creative memories products from her on the day...it is a great way to get into scrap booking if you were interested in it.

In this page I used 2 new products I have just purchased my fiskars scallop border punch and my glimmermist (brown - tattered leather I think...) ohhhh and the flowers are new also!
me and mum went and checked out a nelson scrap booking shop that is run through someones home...it was A M A Z I N G check it out here, she also has an online store and there are lots of goodies there!

I worked on this page ALL day...whaaaaaaaaaaaat the right? and then I came home and changed it anyways...craaaaazy I know... anyway I am reasonably happy with this layout theres nothing I would change. I am a little bummed about the chunk of glimmermist on the bottom of the page I need to perfect the art of applying it, any tips out there?

2 comments:

  1. I love glimmermist ... and truly, there are no right or wrong ways of using it ... you can spray it ... you can take the spray piece out and dribble from the long dangly tube thing [great way of describing it - not - but you know what I mean] ... you can flick the tube as well ... you can splodge it ... you can even get your paint brush out, wet it with glimmermist and paint with it ... lots of things to do, but just play ... oops, just be creative. If you don't like something, cover it up ... spray over something, then remove it and you will have a type of stencil of that shape left behind - does that make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs Frizz, this is my first glimmermist spray and I am already hooked! I am looking into getting Tim Holtz colourwash, have you tried that? I imagine it is like glimmermist without the glimmer.
    Thanks for all the suggestions with how to use the spray I have seen some amazing things done with stencils I read somewhere to keep old chipboard cutouts (well the page you remove chipboards from) and i thought thats a good cheap and resourceful way of using it!
    I will have to try splodging it next!

    ReplyDelete